Full course description
The purpose of the EDI in HE e-learning programme is:
- To raise awareness of how equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights issues permeate organisational culture
- To understand what third level education staff duties are under Irish equality and human rights legislation
How long will this course take?
The programme consists of 4 separate modules, each of approx. 30-45 minutes duration, which amounts to no more than 3 hours in total. You can pause the course and return at another time if you wish to do the sections separately.
What will this course cover?
Each of the 4 different modules covers a separate aspect of EDI in Higher Education in Ireland, as follows:
- Module 1 is an introductory module, which gives you a comprehensive overview of the importance and benefits of EDI and Human Rights, and the legal landscape in which Higher Education Institutions operate.
- Module 2 covers Recruitment and Selection, and is a very informative tool for any staff member involved in the selection process.
- Module 3 looks at meeting the needs of diverse students and best practice tips on fostering equality in teaching and learning settings.
- Module 4 which looks at putting policy into practice.